Cult Wines International buys over $1,000,000 worth of collectible wines from private individuals each year.
Many of the wines we sell come from private collectors or individuals who have inherited valuable wines that they wish to sell. Here at Cult Wines International we make it easy to turn your wines into cash. We offer immediate payment and the highest prices for your wines. Selling your wines to us is a hassle free and simple process. Here are the steps:
1. At the bottom of this page you’ll find a form you can fill out with your contact information as well as photos of the wines you wish to sell. We have also included examples of the photos we will need to see.
2. From the moment we receive your inquiry, we will carefully review the your list of wines and photos and give you an accurate estimate of what we can pay you for your wines taking all things into consideration (Brand, vintage year & condition). Some rarer wines may take time to fully research. We will typically reply within 2-3 business days of receiving your email.
3. Once you have received, reviewed, and accepted our estimate, we will arrange shipment of your wines. We will email you a pre-paid FedEx shipping label that you can simply print, tape to the box and drop off at your local FedEx drop off location. Note: Not all states allow wine to be shipped.
4. Payment is handled 1 of 2 ways. Either we can pay you upfront and prior to shipment with a Paypal payment as a “Goods and Services” payment (so we have Buyer protection); or to avoid the 3% fee associated with Paypal, we can send you a check in the mail, wire transfer or even send you a fee-free payment as “Friends and Family” though Paypal within 24 hours after the wine is received.
5. If you live in the state of Florida or even if you live out of state and have a large wine collection to sell, we may arrange to come and buy your wine outright in person. We can also provide packing materials if needed.
It is truly that simple.
Here are a few thing to help you understand the types of wines we buy:
1. We are a collectible wine merchant. There are exceptions to all rules but typically the wines we buy must have a retail value of at least $100 OR have a score of at least 90 pts. by either Wine Spectator, James Suckling or the Wine Advocate (Robert Parker).
2. We do not buy wines in sub-par condition or wines which show indications that they are un-drinkable. Therefore all wines must meet the following criteria:
– Wines must have a fill level at top shoulder or higher
– Main labels must be clear and legible
– Corks must be securely seated, not visibly shrunken, not bulging out of the capsule nor falling down into the bottle
– Bottles must not be leaking in any way shape or form
– Foil capsule must be original and intact. Without severe corrosion or any evidence of tampering.
– Some sediment is natural in old bold reds, but all Champagne, Sauternes and white wines must be completely free of floating sediment.
– Red wines must retain their color (not separated) and must be clean and clear of all floating sediment when allowed to rest.
3. Typically the types of wines we wish to purchase are all Bordeaux, Grand Cru Burgundy, Pomerol, California Cabernet & Syrah, Champagne, Sauternes, rare whites and Australian Syrah.
Here are a list of brands we are always purchasing:
First Growth Bordeaux:
Chateau Lafite Rothschild, Chateau Latour, Chateau Mouton Rothschild, Chateau Margaux, Chateau Haut Brion
Chateau Ausone, Chateau Angelus, Chateau Palmer, Chateau La Mission Haut Brion, Chateau Leoville Las Cases, Chateau Cheval Blanc, Cos d’Estournel
Grand Cru Burgundy:
Domaine de la Romanee Conti (DRC), La Tache, Henri Jayer, Domaine Leroy, Armand Rousseau, (Any of the major vineyards by any producer. Examples: Chambertain, Richebourg, Echezeaux, Clos St. Jacques, Clos de la Roche & such)
Chateau Petrus, Chateau Le Pin, Chateau Lafleur, Chateau Latour a Pomerol, Chateau L’Evangile, Lafleur Petrus
Screaming Eagle Cabernet, Sine Qua Non, Harlan Estate, Frank Fredericks Estate, Schrader Cellars, Scarecrow, Dana Estates, Lokoya, Abreu, Dalla Valle, Colgin Cellars, Sloan, Peter Michael Winery, Opus One, Silver Oak, Bevan Cellars, Bond Estates, Mondavi Reserve, Shafer Hillside Select, Saxum
Dom Perignon, Roederer Cristal, Krug, Salon
Chateau d’Yquem, Chateau Suduiraut
Kistler, Marcassin, Kongsgaard, Sea Smoke Cellars
Penfolds Grange Bin 95, Torbreck
4. Some wines are difficult to sell to a larger audience or have value based on intrinsic collectible value rather than the wine inside the bottle.
That being said, here are a list of brands WE DO NOT BUY:
– Marilyn Merlots, Norma Jeanes, or any of the other “Marilyn” wines
– Any Premiere Napa Valley (PNV) wines
Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page with the wines you want to sell along with 2-3 photos of each bottle.
One or two that show the entire bottle as a whole, standing upright with a clear and visible labels and fill level.
An additional photo needs to be provided of the top of the foil capsule. Additional photos are optional but can be helpful.
The following is an example of the type of photos we are looking for:
If you have more than 10 different wines to sell, please send us a spreadsheet of all the wines you’d like to sell as well as photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org
To download a sample spreadsheet to fill out, please click HERE
If you are looking to sell 10 or less wines please use the form below.