2006 Chateau Montelena ‘The Montelena Estate’ Cabernet Sauvignon

$169.99

8 in stock

Tasting Notes:

94 points Jeb Dunnuck

The 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate offers a slightly more perfumed, complex nose with its cassis, currants, mint, and spring flowers. This pretty, elegant wine has fine tannins, nicely integrated acidity, a layered, balanced style, and a great finish. (1/2019)

94 points Vinous

Dark red with ruby tones; not as deep as the ’05 or ’04. Very dark aromas of cassis, licorice and cocoa powder are complicated by exotic dusty spices and Provençal herbs. Suave, pure and mouthfilling, with its fine-grained dark berry and spice flavors broadening on the back half. Boasts a lovely balance of sweet and savory qualities, with bright acidity and refined tannins giving the wine plenty of backbone for further leisurely evolution in bottle. Finishes with excellent building length. The late summer of 2006 was very hot but temperatures dropped sharply in mid-September, pushing the harvest mostly into October, according to Barrett. In my earliest note on this vintage, I found the wine a bit disjointed (Barrett described it shortly before bottling as “60% a superripe component from the rocks and hillside, while the other 40% was all pepper and no jam–very Bordeaux-like in style”), but it is harmonizing beautifully. (ST) (5/2019)

93 points James Suckling

This has a leafy currant, mint, and raspberry nose. Complex and very pretty. Full bodied and very firm, with super fine tannins and a long, long finish. (4/2011)

Bottle Size:

750 mL

Storage History:

Stored on it’s side in a climate controlled cellar since purchase.

Condition:

Perfect.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.